Thursday, April 19, 2018

One Of The Benefits Of Living In A Federal Republic

This post will make much more sense if you first read this one from a couple weeks ago.

So, from that post you can see that the government here in The Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia is trying to "protect" me from the ills of mismarked Everclear.  It's bad enough that I couldn't get 190 proof Everclear in the past, only 151 proof--but now I can't get any, all praise to my glorious benefactors downtown.

Not every state in this country is run by batcrap-insane liberals, though.  Some states trust their residents to behave like adults (and penalize them when they don't), and being over half-a-century old, I have friends all over the country.  When I got home from work today I noticed a package on my porch.  What's this, I wondered, as I haven't ordered anything from online recently.  When I saw the return address, I knew what it was.  And sure enough:
It's limoncello season once again :-)

4 comments:

Ellen K said...

Seriously, Texas needs good math teachers. And we can teach you to drink good tequila.

Mike Thiac said...

Ellen, I've been telling him for ages I got a sofa with his name on it!

His dog can take the bed! :<)

PhillipMarlowe said...

"Gov. Terry McAuliffe has signed into law a bill that will allow the sale of 151-proof liquor in Virginia – a choice available in almost all other states, but one some fear could increase binge drinking and other problems on college campuses."

http://altdaily.com/soon-youll-be-able-to-buy-everclear-and-other-151-proof-liquor-in-virginia/

McAuliffe is a good friend of the Clintons.

PhillipMarlowe said...

Currently 14 states ban the sale of Everclear including:
California
Florida
Maine
Massachusetts
Hawaii
Iowa
Washington
Michigan
Minnesota
New Hampshire
New York
Nevada
North Carolina
Ohio.

States run by "batcrap-insane liberals"

https://www.reference.com/food/states-legal-sell-everclear-63b66f135b176678#