Thursday, November 16, 2017

Racial Pandering

This is one of the worst, most transparent, examples of racial pandering I've ever seen:
The net result would likely be a major penalty for those who choose to go to college, and an even greater one for those who pursue advanced degrees. Asian-Americans would be devastated by this change as the group with the highest rate of college and graduate school attendance in the nation: More than half of Asians in the United States 25 and older have at least a bachelor's degree, compared with about 28% of Americans in general, and 21% have advanced degrees, versus 10% of all Americans.
I'm waiting for someone to point out that since Asians do so much better academically than blacks and Hispanics do in this country, that this tax proposal is actually some form of "equity".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of racism, have you seen this op-ed garbage in the NY Times?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/opinion/sunday/interracial-friendship-donald-trump.html


"As against our gauzy national hopes, I will teach my boys to have profound doubts that friendship with white people is possible. When they ask, I will teach my sons that their beautiful hue is a fault line. Spare me platitudes of how we are all the same on the inside. I first have to keep my boys safe, and so I will teach them before the world shows them this particular brand of rending, violent, often fatal betrayal."

Anonymous said...

P.S. I am a latina and I consider this NYT op-ed crap absolutely preposterous.