Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Northern California Fires

Northern California is a big place.  I'm quite a distance from the fires you might have heard about on the news, most of which are about an hour or more away by car.  Still, though, I could smell smoke in the air at school this morning, and before 10:00 we received the following email from our principal:
Colleagues,

The district has requested we suspend all outdoor activities because of the air quality. We are also looking for teachers that are willing to open up their classroom during lunch for students to sit inside and eat. If you are willing to do that and eat lunch with the students please let (the school secretary) know. The office will be open as well.
Life in the Sacramento area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ate inside teacher's classrooms anyway when I was in high school. Guess I didn't need bad weather to be a social loser lol