Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Best Of... My 1st 10,000 Posts

I started this blog in January of 2005, and this post marks my 10,000th post.  In light of that rather significant milestone I present here a retrospective, a list of what I consider some of my best posts over the last almost-11 years.

Freedom Is A Little Piece of Broken Concrete
Environmentalism and the Skeptical Mind, Part 1
Environmentalism and the Skeptical Mind, Part 2
Environmentalism and the Skeptical Mind, Part 3
Math For Social Justice, Part 1
Math For Social Justice, Part 2
Graphing Calculators--and Tanks!
The Price of Gas 
A Waste of Money: AP Courses for the Unprepared 
Secession
My Evening With Diane Ravitch 
Why I'm Against the New DMV Driver Test 
Teaching: Craft, Trade, or Profession?

I consider Freedom Is A Little Piece of Broken Concrete to be my best post ever.

Don't count on my lasting another 10,000 posts!

5 comments:

Mike Thiac said...

I remember when you got that piece of concrete. And how you got it.

Congrats on the 10,000 post!

Darren said...

It was a very long time ago. 25 years and change....

Mr. W said...

Congrats on 10,000 posts. I hope you keep going for years. I love the posts and love the school talk, especially common core. Your posts sound like they were written by someone sitting in our meetings.

socalmike said...

Congrats on the 10,000 posts, Darren! Love the blog, love your outlook on things. As a teacher myself, I totally appreciate you and what you say about education. Well done, mate!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud Mr. Miller!