Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pictures From DC

I've finally gotten around to uploading the pictures from my DC trip from my camera to my computer. Without further wait:
click on pictures to enlarge
These glass panels are in the ceiling of the Library of Congress.


The Declaration of Independence, in the National Archives, is so faded that you can barely make out John Hancock's signature in the center. It doesn't help that I had to take this without flash, so that the aperture stayed open longer and any movement on my part resulted in a blurry picture.


The Capitol is truly a beautiful structure.






This view of the Capitol, taken from the steps of the Library of Congress, shows the entrance to the new, underground Capitol Visitors' Center.

I don't think I could ever take enough pictures in the Nation's Capital.

No comments: