Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another Social Worker Student Discriminated Against Due To Conservative Beliefs

There was something familiar about this story:

A former student at the Rhode Island College School of Social Work is suing the school and several of his professors for discrimination, saying he was persecuted by the school's "liberal political machine" for being a conservative.


Ah yes, I've written about a similar incident at another social work school before. I hope the student in the Rhode Island case gets as satisfactory a resolution as did the woman in the Missouri case.

3 comments:

W.R. Chandler said...

My favorite quote from the article:

"The questions I have in cases such as his — why would someone choose to affiliate with a profession that's so at odds with his beliefs and his value-base? That's always a question for me," she said.

This, coming from someone who presumably voted for President-Elect Hopeandchange. I thought these people are all about change; isn't that what Mr. Felkner represents?

Law and Order Teacher said...

That quote caught my eye also. For someone who says there should be no litmus test, she certainly enunciated one. I took a lot of sociology classes in college and I was always chastized for my beliefs and my profession, police officer.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Wow. Just... wow.