Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blogging's Nigerian Scam?

In the last couple days, seemingly out of nowhere, I've started receiving solicitations to host advertisements on my blog. They all follow the same format:

1. Tell me how great my blog is
2. Talk about how I could make so much money with such high-quality writing
3. Ask for contact information so they can tell me how to start raking in the bucks

I'm glad it's not the Widow Abacha offering this service to me, as previously she's offered to share her millions with me whilst keeping my blog out of it. But I digress.

Do people really fall for these things? I guess they must or scammers wouldn't try them, but dang. Maybe people who do fall for them get emails written in reasonably good standard English. I don't know about you, but I'm unsure exactly what my "URL address" is such that these fine people could send me a contract and pricing information there.

It's good that scammers aren't adept enough to scam me. I hope they don't improve on that score.

No comments: