Friday, August 26, 2005

A Modest Proposal

Those who have known me for at least the last two years are probably more than aware of my fondness for Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal. Each time I see something so entitled I feel compelled to read part of it to see if the author is even in the same ballpark as Swift when it comes to incisive satire. One requirement for co-opting the title should be that the proposal create howls of righteous indignation, kind of a "how dare you propose such a thing!", as did Swift's proposal. And mine.

Unfortunately, this link fails that second test. Still, it's a great idea and the post is moderately entertaining to read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can one find a copy of your rendition of A Modest Proposal"?

I have wanted to read it for years.

Stuart

Darren said...

Jet me an email at mrmillermathteacher@yahoo.com. I'll send you the unedited version.

Unknown said...

I would like to read it as well.