Thursday, July 07, 2005

2012 Olympics

Would it be immature of me to give a big nyah-nyah-nyah-NYAH-nyah to Jacquestrap Chirac now that London has beaten out Paris for the 2012 Games?

Yes, I guess it would. So I won't do it.

Interestingly enough, though, is this report that maybe it was Chirac himself who cost Paris the Olympics.

Interesting little sidelight to the Olympics story. Instaman notes the story about Chirac
badmouthing English food, saying:
"You can't trust people who cook as badly as that. After Finland, it's the country with the worst food."
The punchline? The linked story doesn't say it nor does this one, but I heard on the radio that two of the judges were Finnish. Chirac may have killed Paris's chances with his comment. [UPDATE: A little more from the radio: apparently, Paris actually was the favorite before Chirac opened his mouth]

I can only hope that the story is true. If not, it will make for a great urban legend.

No comments: