Saturday, February 19, 2005

My Links To Other Blogs

I thought I'd direct your attention to the Links section of this blog, located in the left column below the Recent Posts and Archives. These are blogs I read, and if you like what you read here, you might like what you read there.

Instapundit is the big daddy. If I'm not mistaken, it's the most-read blog on the planet. It's written by Glenn Reynolds, a law professor in Tennessee. He focuses on current events. And Nikon cameras. And once, cookware!

Joanne Jacobs writes an education blog; she and Kimberly Swygert of Number 2 Pencil were my impetus for starting Right On The Left Coast. Both are exceptional. Kimberly's a psychometrician (which does not mean she's crazy about the metric system), so when she says something about standardized testing, pay attention.

The Education Wonks write some of their own articles and link to others. As the name implies, they, too, focus on education issues.

Oxblog is a mostly-political blog started by 3 graduate/doctoral students attending Oxford University. I don't always agree with their views, but the scholarship and intellect that goes into their posts is impeccable. It's definitely a few cuts above your standard 8th-grade-level-newspaper analysis.

Miller's Time is written by a fellow Sacramento conservative who, coincidentally, is working towards being a teacher. We met after he called me an idiot in one of his blog posts and I spent hours "googling" until I found an email address to contact him; to his credit, he retracted that statement and now we stay in touch! Pretty good blog. I think he has aspirations of being the next Hugh Hewitt.

I discovered Photon Courier today, after the author left a comment on one of my posts. I was so impressed with the level of the writing that I decided to link it here, at least temporarily, so others can check it out. The focus there is "politics, culture, business, and technology."

I'm sure I'll be adding others in the weeks and months ahead. I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do.

5 comments:

EdWonk said...

Thanks! :)

mary bishop said...

HI Darren,

You're right on the left coast and I'm left on the right coast, but we share the same template at least!

Take care...

Irina Tsukerman said...

Hi, just wanted to stop by and look at your blog - I actually know (kind of ) another conservative math teacher on the left coast... but didn't think there would be more than one. I'm pleasantly surprised!

Anonymous said...

I think Instapundit is actually the second-most read blog out there. Daily Kos is probably number one:

http://www.truthlaidbear.com/TrafficRanking.php

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Daily Kos isn't really a blog.